ACX U Presents: Mind, Body, and Soul for the Audiobook Narrator
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and say “OM” before you hit the microphone in this episode focused on narrator and performance health from ACX University. Hannah Wall interviews a trio of vocal health experts on the techniques and habits that can lead you to better, stronger vocal performances. Get your mind into a good space with Khristine Hvam as we discuss how to develop a warmup routine and techniques to stay focused throughout the day. Then, join vocal health coach Dari Matilsky as we demonstrate vocal massage techniques to preserve your voice and the effects of diet and exercise on your vocal performance. Lastly, we’ll meet with acting and voice acting coach Robin Miles to talk about maintaining emotional energy and achieving your goals as you perform.
• Vocal warmups and routines to start your day.
• A discussion on how much vocal rest you need and when, as well as performance techniques to preserve your voice.
• Vocal massage techniques to help you extend the life of your voice.
• Nutritional guidance to ensure you have a great recording session.
• Goal setting at every stage of your career.
• Creating emotional connections to performance material, and how to step away from your performance at the end of the day.