What It’s Really Like To Build a Blockchain Startup
Founders in Focus
Here we are with Episode #5 of our Founders in Focus series. A show that gives you unprecedented access to the most influential startup founders in the world of blockchain. We’re on a mission to educate and inform founders and investors on the current affairs of the blockchain industry, providing an accurate and up to date perspective on the competitive business environment, global investment landscape, and the leaders who are changing the game.
In this episode, we’re featuring Aurélien Menant, Founder & CEO of Gatecoin. Gatecoin has been a leader in the space for some time now. They were the first exchange platform to list Ether (long before Ethereum took off as a platform) and they aim to be at the forefront of innovation in the space. They have overcome some big challenges that come with operating in this space (a hack, an unsupportive and conservative banking ecosystem, and more).
This is an interview that I am really excited to share with you. Because behind the glorified, headline grabbing ICOs, it’s interviews like this that give you the truth of what it’s like to operate in this space. Uncertainty, risk, innovation, and sometimes, reward. So tune in as we discuss:
– Aurélien’s motivations for leaving a “safe & secure” investment banking role to start a cryptocurrency exchange
– The key challenges him and his team faced early on and what resources they used to build their blockchain-powered company
– The process Gatecoin went through to build a blockchain team
– How to deal with a hack and the preventative measures you can take to protect yourself and your business
– The regulatory landscape in Hong Kong and what the regulators can do to better support the ecosystem
– And practical advice for blockchain startup founders who are just starting out
How to reach out: